Witness life-changing work in action, meet children from developing countries and use your skill set to make a difference in an international community. What could be more impacting?
RCF runs annual Impact Trips to the countries where we have involvement. The purpose of these trips are to provide a link between the projects we’re partnering with, and the people who wish to understand and respond to the needs of vulnerable children. These short-term, self-funded trips are incredibly impacting for everyone involved: the children, the workers at the projects and also for the people who go.
As needs are identified within the projects, specific field trips are conducted allowing relevant professionals and tradespeople an opportunity to volunteer their time and skills.
If you’re interested in going on an impact trip email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants for any trip go through an application process which includes an interview and requires a National Police Clearance, Sexual Offences Declaration Form as well as provision of references.
Upcoming Impact Trips
RWANDA | 1 -15 July 2018
- Gain an insight into the history and culture of Rwanda by visiting local sites and villages, including the genocide memorial site.
- Work with African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE Rwanda), a Christian organisation that is working with street children, widows, child headed families, orphans and former prostitutes.
- Work alongside children, youth and the AEE staff to encourage, inspire and build relationships through games of soccer, making mud brick homes and being flexible to assist where directed.
- Run an activity program for former street youth at the Centre for Champions in Rwamagana.
- Visit child headed families around Rwamagana and assist with their household chores such as fetching water.
- Relax as a team in Gisenyi.
- Option to visit the mountain gorillas
- Attend Rwandan church service
- Visit Akagera game park
- Approximate cost $5000 - $5500 AUD
Applications now closed
CAMBODIA | 22 September - 7 October 2018
- The team will visit projects supported by the Foundation in Phnom Penh and Kampong Thom and work alongside local children, youth and project staff to encourage, inspire and build relationships.
- Visit local sights in Phnom Penh to gain an insight into the culture, history and unique challenges of Cambodia – including the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the Killing Fields of the Pol Pot regime.
- Spend a couple of days relaxing and debriefing while visiting the Angkor Wat temple sites and Siem Reap area.
- Approximate cost $3000 AUD
Applications open 6 May and close 27 May 2018
CAMBODIA YOUTH TRIP (Year 10-12 in 2018)
27 December 2018 - 9 January 2019
- Our first trip especially for teenagers to experience the trip of a lifetime.
- If you're looking for something to challenge your perspectives and ideas about the world and give you a unique view, there is no better way than putting yourself in the shoes of someone born in a different country.
- Get out of Perth for a few weeks and change your world forever. You'll make friends for the rest of your life and experience things that money cannot buy.
- Approximate cost $3000 AUD
Applications open 9 March and closing date has been extended to 25 May 2018
INDIA | 19 January - 3 February 2019
- This trip is an awareness and relationship building trip. You’ll meet the beautiful people of India, be immersed in the culture and become better informed to make a difference when returning home.
- You will learn more about Freeset’s work and how they help release women from sex trafficking and prostitution.
- Our team will spend time with the women as they produce bags, shirts and other products. Meet and spend time doing activities with the women and girls, who were once destitute before they were rescued by Mukti Mission.
- Visiting Delhi, Pune and Kolkata as well as smaller villages, where the team will have the opportunities to gain an insight into India’s history and unique challenges.
- See the majesty of the Taj Mahal at sunrise and visit the Agra Fort.
- Limit of 7 places on this trip.
- Approximate cost $3500 AUD
Applications open 24 June and close 22 July 2018
EAST TIMOR | 22-28 April 2019
- Gain an insight into the history and culture of East Timor by visiting local sites and villages, including the Australian war memorial and the museum.
- Get to know the women, youth and children at Casa Vida East Timor and Bali, a humanitarian, not-for-profit organization which acts in the protection, welfare and rights of children.
- Visit Pro-Ema, a project that supports and empowers adolescent girls and young women through training and work readiness programs.
- Spend time encouraging and building relationships with the staff, youth and children through games, craft, music, and generally being flexible to assist where directed.
- Relax and debrief with an overnight stay on Atauro Island before heading home.
- Approximate cost $3200 AUD
Applications open 14 October and close 4 November 2018